21 July 2007

Why Are We Expected to "Respect" 'Faith', Again?

Found this little gem at LiveLeak (a place usually of soul crushing jingoism and disregard for humanity - seriously, read the comments section and you will lose your "faith", ironically enough, in mankind in two minutes or less. I do not jest). Don't know much about this guy (and he has many more that you should check out), his name is Pat Condell, but basically...just...as far as I'm concerned? What he said:



I mean, seriously...if someone told you they had faith that Santa Clause existed, would you "respect" that? Even feel like you should admire it? I may believe in the right of people to HAVE whatever opinions or beliefs they want, but I DO NOT have to "respect" those beliefs if I think they are batshit crazy.
The ultimate paradox of "tolerance" ideology - should you have to tolerate intolerance? I say no.

No comments: