03 November 2008

What is There Left to Do But Weep...?




And pray that Americans can find it in themselves to vote their hopes and not their fears. When have you EVER seen a politician elicit such responses from people? I know I've never felt this way. Americans are dying for leadership. For inspiration. Deep down, we're all afraid to even believe in anything. We're afraid of being played. Of being disappointed. Yet we're letting ourselves fall anyway. For Obama...all I can say is, godspeed. As someone at huffpost said, be well, be well. Thank you 'Toot', rest in peace, your work is done.

On election eve, this gentleman gives me comfort in the face of my election anxiety. After all of the horrible videos of rabid proto-fascists at Palin rallies, all I can say is, THIS is what Obama's campaign has always been about. This man represents the America I grew up to believe in.


No comments: