13 April 2008

Oh....The BITTER Irony...



It's the Rich thesis. Everyone who is jumping on Obama, from McCain and Clinton to the Pundits, knows it. But let's all pretend we don't.

I'm bitter. In fact, I'm proud that I'm bitter. Otherwise I must be rich or a fool. And I'm certainly not rich. I'm George Carlin bitter. I'm Network bitter. "Bitter" was nice of him. Fucking pissed off and mad as Hell is more like it - but he's got some class. Hell, they're lucky we're not all Marxists at this point. And Matalin's dismissive "it's called a dynamic global economy" explanation as a way of saying they have no right to be bitter was just sublime (fast-forward to 10:40). They should clearly just get over losing their jobs, healthcare, pensions. Don't those fine people get it? It's just globalization. Jeesh! What simpletons! But it's Obama that is "demeaning" them. It's Obama who is an "elitist". But of course... why aren't Europeans losing healthcare, pensions, etc.? Aren't they part of a global economy? Hmmmmmm.

As I said in the last post, if Americans fall for this, they deserve everything they get.

No comments: